English/ French

Monday, May 4, 2009

When I am Scard


I wanted to share a really great book that I found at Chapters the other day for my son. My five year old, has extreme anxiety. His anxiety gets to the point where we can barely leave the house at times and he has a hard time coping with day to day activities. So I am always looking for books, games and other fun things that help him deal with his stress, and here is a great one. It is a book called " When I am Feeling Scared" by Trace Moroney.It is a hard cover, 18 page, touch and feel book about a bunny who is scared. I like it because it starts off explaining what happens to you when you are scared ( heart beats, get shy etc) then it goes on to talk about some things that make a person scared, explains that not everyone is afraid of the same things, it's OK to be scared, some times it's even a good thing to be scared and often the things we were scared of turn out not to be scary at all.  Great book for kids PreK-K. I would highly recommend it and believe me I have read alot of children's anxiety books.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

that looks like a great book, thanks for the recommendation!

Julie from JulieChats said...

Sounds like a great book!

Tess said...

I could use this book. Thanks for sharing!