English/ French

Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Fit After Baby # 2













After having my second baby in February, I like most new moms am feeling a bit out of shape. I currently weigh 153 lbs with my ideal weight being 125 lbs.  I have been thinking of joining a gym, but then I think when? I have a 5 year old, 2 month old, my own business, a hubby that works 12 hours a day 7 days a week, soccer games, hockey practices, driving to and from school.... It seems impossible. But today while online I was going through some of the websites that are taking part in my trade show and found Jo Dumont. She is a personal trainer from here in Central Alberta. I have to admit her website would not have usually caught my eye, just for the fact that I would not think that a personal trainer would be for me (afraid of the unknown). But upon reading the first paragraph, I started to change my mind. She explains how she was once 215lbs, has 3 kids, has a bad knee and has a hubby that works away and still she is fit. It kinda caught my eye. Her life didn't seem that much different then mine. So I kept reading and wow, her program sounds amazing. She offers both private and group work outs. She works with not only your fitness but your food. Which we all know is a huge factor of being fit. (as I write this I am eating pizza and drinking a diet Pepsi and worse of all it is 10:30pm, see I really need her help LOL). Something else I really liked about her program is she teaches you to work out with out the gym, with out buying expensive equipment and WITH your kids. How amazing is that. I might actually work out if I didn't have to find a babysitter and shell out my life fortune on equipment. Unlimited phone calls and emails are also offered with her training, to help with menu planning and work out problems. Then there is the reward program. Remember when you were in school and they had a fundraiser and you could earn points to buy cool prizes just by selling stuff? Well as adults we get to earn cool stuff again. Basically you get points for completing challenges (answering a quiz, creating your own work out, losing 5", achieving your fitness goal ...) Then you take the points and you can buy a yoga mat, movie tickets, one on one training, a Wii fit and even plane tickets!!!! Now those are goals! Definitely the most interesting personal trainer I have ever heard of, but no surprise, moms make the most interesting business people. 

Check Jo Dumont out at http://www.jodumontfitnesstraining.com or stop in at the trade show and meet her one on one.

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Awww, that sweet pregnancy pic has me all nostalgic. It is nice to get one's body back, isn't it?

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Motherhood is a work in progress - same with the body after the 9 months of stretching.

I use Power 90 DVD from beachbody.com.

Good-luck and Have Fun!

Jenjen
www.GottaLoveMom.com
I'm following you from MBC

Veronica Lee said...

Yeah, Good Luck and have lots of fun!!

Tess said...

Good luck and enjoy!