English/ French

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This morning I woke up to the sweet sound of my five year old singing "Happy Mother's Day to you..., Happy Mother's Day to you..." Then I was presented with a gift, wrapped in beautiful purple wrapping paper ( my favorite color) I opened it and it was a bouquet of flowers he had made at school again with a purple flower glued to the basket. I was amazed at how much thought he had put in to what I liked. It was great. THEN my hubby called from work to wish me a happy mothers day. I assumed that would be it, since we usually do not buy for each other. We discussed going out for supper which we always do with my in laws for holidays, and out of no where he asked "Aren't you going to ask what we got you for mothers day?"A bit surprised I asked and was shocked at what he said. He is taking me for a couples steam bath and massage:) To me: The best gift ever!!! I love my family!!!
How did all of you celebrate your special day?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful :) Rock on with your mothers day self!

I did some carting my son around :)

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful pic.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwwww! What a perfect Mother's Day!!

I was stopping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day - apparently it's very happy! LOL! :)

Veronica Lee said...

Grab the 'One Cool Blog' award for your very cool blog from my blog.

No conditions stated!!

Veronica Lee said...

Sorry, it's "One lovely blog" award!!

Eve said...

how sweet! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Super cute pic! :) What a fun gift too!

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

Awesome, awesome gift! He did great. Wonderful picture as well!

Annette Piper said...

What a gorgeous hubby you have to have surprised you like that! And aren't children's gifts precious!?