English/ French

Monday, March 8, 2010

Life is changing

It's almost time for me to start college. YIKES!!! I am not 100% sure what to think about that. I am so excited that it is a new chapter in my life. I have never been to college so I am not sure what to expect. Like will I have a ton of home work? Do I call my professor by his first name or last? Do I raise my hand to go to the bathroom? What if I need to miss a day, do I call in sick ? I know after the first day or two I will have an idea of what is expected.

The money part is scary as well. I will be unemployed. I need books, parking, childcare, travel to and from school, school supplies etc.

I have also NEVER been away from my kids on an ongoing basis, so that is scary. I will miss school events, lots of firsts for my 1 year old and special times with my family. Since my husbands days off usually fall during the work week, I will not see him very often.

On the brighter side in 6 months I will be done and ready to work ( I am praying)

Wow, I am nervous :S

4 comments:

Office Chair said...

World is moving fast that why.. life is also changing ..
Thank you for the post..

Krystal said...

Good luck with school, you can do it! :D

jules said...

Hope school is going well for you...

kiwimeg said...

Hope you are having a blast at college! What an exciting new stage in your life :)